Something that's been bothering me for some time now is the fact pyc files appear in Eclipse's "Open Resource" popup when using PyDev.
Although they don't show in the project explorer, there's absolutely no reason for them to appear in the resource popup. So, in order to remove them you'll have to:
- Right click on your project (it seems you only have to do this once)
- Click Properties
- Go to Resource > Resource Filters
- Click "Add"
- Filter type: Exclude all
- Applies to: Files
- Click "All children (recursive)"
- File and folder attributes: Name matches *.pyc
- OK to apply and save thoroughly
Your settings should look a little something like this.
Although I've only done this once, it seems that it applies to all my projects. Could be wrong, but I don't remember having to do it for all my projects.