I stumbled upon this thread when looking for a way to improve Synergy+. Since my Dell XPS m1330 also uses a Synaptics touchpad, curiosity got the best of me and I decided to give it a go.
Alot of forum posts linked back to the HP's FTP site for a file named "sp47815.exe" which contained the v126.96.36.199 drivers. Everytime I tried to download from there, it would give me an empty file.
So I searched online for ages for "sp47815.exe" but found nothing.
I gave up and tried v14.0.3 from Synaptics' official site. Did it work? Nope.
Eventually I stumbled upon this thread on LaptopVideo2Go. Thinking that the latest version would just work, I downloaded the first one I saw and tried it out. Nope, didn't work.
The only one which worked for me was the previously suggested v188.8.131.52 driver.
- Download the drivers from LaptopVideo2Go.
- Uninstall your old Synaptic driver.
- Extract and install the v184.108.40.206 driver.
- Once its loaded, it'll ask you to configure to your liking but the majority of the features are already enabled.
- If you accidently closed it and want to configure it, go to your "Mouse" preferences in the control panel.
Can't get much easier than that!