I was asked today how to install something from CD... on a netbook which had no DVD drive. Tricky!
What you need:
- A computer that can read
- Daemon Tools Lite (that's all really)
On the computer with a DVD drive:
First you have to create an image of the disc you want to use.
- Install Daemon Tools (remember to untick all that adware crap)
- Right click the system tray icon and select "Disc Imaging..."
- Choose a place to save it.
- Hit start!
On the computer without a DVD drive:
- Install Daemon Tools. You can start doing this while the other computer is busy creating the image. Remember to untick all that adware crap!
- Right click the system tray icon and select "Mount'n'Drive Manager"
- Copy the file over to this computer using a USB drive or over the network.
- Right click on the virtual drive and select "Mount"
- Select the file you copied.
- Now you can use the virtual drive like a normal CD/DVD rom.