One of my favourite Bomberman games of all time. Insanity, loads of hidden features, wide variety of levels which affect your character, great music that gets you going and a VERY amusing array of character voices/insults.
So after 15 years or so, I wanted to grab some music off it for my MP3 player. Unfortunately, I completely forgot how to read the RSS file formats which the game uses.
As I discovered from GoldS on tcrf.net, the files are in a raw sound format, so RSS (back in the 90's) presumably stands for raw sound stream.
I couldn't get this to read properly in Adobe Audition, so I tried out an alternative called Goldwave.
When you've got this installed:
- Open or drag in the sound file you want to play
- The default settings are perfect for opening the sound streams.
- Leave it as Raw (snd, raw), PCM signed 16bit, little endian, mono, 44100 Hz.
- Click OK and you can listen to it.
To batch process the 2,037 files, you'll need to define the format first. Otherwise, prepare to click "OK" 2,037 times upon import.
- In the main menu, go to "Options" > "File Formats"
- On "Undetectable types", click "Add"
- Enter in "RSS" for the extension and copy the settings from above.
- Save it and use batch process from the "File" menu.
I sure hope Interplay don't mind me giving these instructions out, but it's still an awesome game after so many years!