Yet again, the inner keyboard warrior in me took a hard hit when I noticed that Microsoft hid the hotkey mnemonics by default in Windows 7.
Honestly, how am I to learn the keyboard shortcuts in applications when they aren't displayed!? Fortunately, theres still a way to display them, albiet a bit more difficult to get to than previous Windows.
- Open up the Control Panel
- Select "Ease of Access Center"
- Click on "Make the keyboard easier to use"
- Under "Make it easier to use keyboard shortcuts"
- Tick "Underline keyboard shortcuts and access keys"
[ Source ]